You certify, warrant, and represent that the telephone numbers you have provided to us are your contact numbers. You represent that you are permitted to receive calls at each of the telephone numbers you have provided to us. You agree that Martin Law may send emails to you at any email address you provide us, or use other electronic means of communication to the extent permitted by law.
Content Is Information Only, Not Advice
The Site is not an offer to perform services on any matter. This Site contains general information from a variety of sources and might not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. We do not undertake to update material in our Site to reflect subsequent legal or other developments.
This Site is designed to be accessible to and usable by people with and without disabilities. Please call us at (215) 587-8400 or email us if you encounter an accessibility or usability issue on this site.
ML may at any time, for any reason, and without notice or liability: (a) modify, suspend, or terminate operation of or access to the Site and related services, or (b) change, revise, or modify the Site and affiliated services.
Ownership and Intellectual Property Rights
The Site and content found within are owned by or licensed to ML and are protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress, patent, and/or other intellectual property rights and proprietary rights. All trademarks, trade names, graphics, logos, and trade dress included in or made available through the Site and Online Services are owned by or licensed to ML and protected by U.S. and international trademark laws (collectively, the “Marks”).
Restrictions on Use
You agree not to:
- reproduce, distribute, publicly display, or otherwise transfer the Site;
- adapt, alter, modify, reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the Site;
- prepare derivative works based on the Site or any ML technology;
- remove, obscure, or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices, marks or labels contained on or within the Site;
- frame, mirror, or in-line link the Site, or incorporate into another website, application, or other service any ML intellectual property;
- use the Site for any unlawful, fraudulent, or malicious purposes, or to solicit any such activity;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any accounts, features, systems, or networks through hacking, password mining, or any other means;
- interfere with any access control measures or attempt to disable or circumvent such security features;
- post, transmit, submit, or include any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable content, material, or information of any kind, or any content, material, or information that may give rise to criminal or civil liability;
- submit or post any false or misleading information; and/or
- violate, infringe, or misappropriate the intellectual property, publicity, privacy, or other proprietary rights of ML, its licensors, or any other person or entity.
Any unauthorized use automatically terminates the license granted to you hereunder.
No Relationship or Obligation Arises from Use of the Site
The law differs in every jurisdiction, and you should not rely on any opinion except that of an attorney you have retained, who has a professional duty to advise you after being fully informed of all the pertinent facts, and who is licensed in the applicable state, and is familiar with the applicable law. Internet subscribers, mobile application users, and online readers should seek professional counsel about their legal rights and remedies. You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any information found on the Site. Any actions or decisions about your legal rights should be based on the particular facts and circumstances of your situation, and appropriate legal advice from an attorney retained directly by you. ML EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ACTIONS TAKEN OR NOT TAKEN BASED UPON ANY INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENTS OF THIS SITE. Viewing the Site, or communicating with ML by Internet e-mail or through the Site does not constitute or create an attorney-client relationship with anyone. The content and features on the Site do not create, and are not intended to create, an attorney-client relationship, and shall not be construed as legal advice. The content and features of the Site, including means to submit a question or information, do not constitute an offer to represent you or otherwise give rise to an attorney/client relationship.
THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”. ML MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE AND ONLINE SERVICES AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ML DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE ONLINE SERVICES OR PRODUCTS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR WILL BE ERROR-FREE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED.
Confidentiality is Not Guaranteed
Information sent to Martin Law, LLC. via Internet e-mail or through the Site is not secure and is done on a non-confidential basis. ML may make reasonable efforts to keep communications private, but because of the nature of Internet communications and the absence of an attorney/client relationship, we cannot promise or guarantee confidentiality.
ML Is Not Responsible for Content; Limitation on Liability
ML may periodically change, remove, or add the material on the Site without notice. This material may contain technical or typographical errors. ML DOES NOT GUARANTEE ITS ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR SUITABILITY. ML assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of the Site. Your use of the Site is at your own risk. Under no circumstances shall ML or any other party involved in the creation, production or delivery of the Site be liable to you or any other person for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind arising from your access to, or use of, the Site. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW IN NO EVENT SHALL ML BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RELATING TO THIS MATERIAL, FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY OTHER LINKED WEBSITE.
Third-party Web Sites
State Laws Vary
ML lawyers are licensed to practice law only within the states of New Jersey and Pennsylvania, but we affiliate or form relationships with lawyers throughout the United States. ML may refer prospective clients to other law firms located throughout the country, who form relationships with ML, and are experienced in handling such cases. The laws of each State are different. The Site contains information about general or common rules that apply in Pennsylvania. The Site also contains information about verdicts or settlements in past cases. You cannot assume that the same rules apply, or that the same result would occur, in your state or any state. The Statute of Limitations is especially important. Every state has laws called the “statute of limitations” which set a deadline to file a lawsuit. That means that a lawsuit filed too late may be thrown out, regardless of the defendant’s fault or the severity of the injuries. If you have an accident or injury, you should consult a lawyer as soon as possible.
Only individuals who have entered into a mutually signed retainer agreement with ML are ML and are afforded attorney/client privilege.
Legal and Ethical Requirements
ML has tried to comply with all legal and ethical requirements in compiling the Site. We welcome comments about our compliance with the applicable rules and will update the Site as warranted, upon learning of any new or different requirements.
State Advertising Disclosures
Because some material on the Site constitutes lawyer advertising, and the Site may be viewed from anywhere in the United States, particular disclosures are required by the rules of some states. ML adopts and makes the following disclosures:
- Alabama: No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.
- Colorado: Colorado does not certify attorneys as specialists in any field.
- Florida: The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience.
- Iowa: The determination of the need for legal services and the choice of a lawyer are extremely important decisions and should not be based solely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise. This disclosure is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Iowa. NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC: Memberships and offices in legal fraternities and legal societies, technical and professional licenses, and memberships in scientific, technical and professional associations and societies of law or field of practice do not mean that a lawyer is a specialist or expert in a field of law, nor do they mean that such a lawyer is necessarily any more expert or competent than any other lawyer. All potential clients are urged to make their own independent investigation and evaluation of any lawyer being considered. This notice is required by rule of the Supreme Court of Iowa.
- Kentucky and Oregon: THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT
- Mississippi: The Mississippi Supreme Court advises that a decision on legal services is important and should not be based solely on advertisements.
- Missouri: Neither the Supreme Court of Missouri nor the Missouri Bar reviews or approves certifying organizations or specialist designations.
- Nevada: The State Bar of Nevada does not certify any lawyer as a specialist or expert.
- New Jersey: ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT — NOT A REFERRAL SERVICE. Before making your choice of an attorney, you should give this matter careful thought. The selection of an attorney is an important decision.
- New Mexico: LAWYER ADVERTISEMENT.
- New York: ATTORNEY ADVERTISING. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
- Pennsylvania: ATTORNEY ADVERTISEMENT – NOT A REFERRAL SERVICE. Before making your choice of an attorney, you should give this matter careful thought. The selection of an attorney is an important decision.
- Tennessee: None of the attorneys in this firm are certified as a Civil Trial, Criminal Trial, Business Bankruptcy, Consumer Bankruptcy, Creditor’s Rights, Medical Malpractice, Legal Malpractice, Accounting Malpractice, Estate Planning or Elder Law specialist by the Tennessee Commission on Continuing Legal Education and Specialization. Certification as a specialist in all other listed areas is not currently available in Tennessee.
- Texas: Unless otherwise stated, our attorneys claiming certification in an area of law are not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Wyoming: The Wyoming State Bar does not certify any lawyer as a specialist or expert. Anyone considering a lawyer should independently investigate the lawyer’s credentials and ability, and not rely upon advertisements or self-proclaimed expertise.
Governing Laws in Case of Dispute; Jurisdiction
ML takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Submission.
Any and all claims by you arising out of or related to the Site or your use thereof may be resolved only through a binding arbitration proceeding to be conducted under the auspices of the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association in Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania. Both your agreement to arbitrate all controversies, disputes and claims, and the results and awards rendered through the arbitration, will be final and binding on you and may be specifically enforced by legal proceedings. Arbitration will be the sole means of resolving such controversies, disputes and claims, and you waive your rights to resolve such controversies, disputes and claims by court proceedings or any other means. You agree that judgment may be entered on the award in any court of competent jurisdiction and, therefore, any award rendered shall be binding. The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. You understand that by agreeing to arbitration as a mechanism to resolve all controversies, disputes and claims between us, you are waiving certain rights, including the right to bring an action in court, the right to a jury trial, the right to broad discovery, and the right to an appeal. You understand that in the context of arbitration, a case is decided by an arbitrator (one or more), not by a judge or a jury.
The Site is controlled, operated, and administered by ML from offices within the United States of America and is only intended for use therein. We make no representation regarding use of the Site outside of the United States.